A How-To Guide on finding DAOs in Messari Governor
The DAOs Main Page can be found by navigating to the 'DAOs' tab under 'Governor' in the main menu.
DAO Main Page
On the DAOs Main Page, DAOs can be found by:
- Filtering by Type
- Filtering by Tags
Each DAO listed in Governor has up to two types attached to it. These types are the category of DAO that the DAO's core purpose fits in the best. Here are the DAO types and their definitions:
- Collector - DAOs whose goals are to purchase highly valued collectibles and artifacts. One of the most well-known DAOS of this type is PleasrDAO. They collectively purchased the one-of-a-kind Once Upon a Time in Shaolin album by Wu-Tang Clan.
- Grants - DAOs where community members donate funds directly to a grant pool. This grant pool then goes to projects that the community votes for like in the case of Gitcoin.
- Impact - DAOs whose goals are to advance some social, political, or environmental impact. For example, Bloomeria helps communities protect green areas.
- Investment - DAOs that make investments, lend insurance. Members act as limited partners and vote on investments like in the Merit Circle.
- Media - DAOs focused on creating media or content on certain topics. In the case of BanklessDAO, members are awarded tokens for the content they contribute to the site.
- Protocol - DAOs on top of projects offering services to token holders like lending, borrowing, swapping, leveraging, bridging.
- Service - DAOs that provide services like dApp development to other DAOs or projects. Clients can use the DAO and its members to assist and build on their projects like in Raid Guild.
- Social / Community - Community-centric DAOs typically focused on art or culture-related projects. Members contribute and create projects together which raises the value of the social token of the DAO. An example of this is the Friends with Benefits DAO.
In addition to types, a DAO can have up to 3 tags assigned to it. Tags fit into several categories for DAOs:
The search bar can be used to find DAOs by searching on name, description, DAO type, or tag.